Code of Conduct
Diversity and inclusion make our community strong. We encourage participation from the most varied and diverse backgrounds possible and want to be very clear about where we stand.
Our goal is to maintain a safe, helpful and friendly community for everyone, regardless of experience, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, personal appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, age, religion, nationality, or other defining characteristic.
This code and related procedures apply to unacceptable behavior occurring in all community venues, including behavior outside the scope of community activities — online and in-person — as well as in all one-on-one communications, and anywhere such behavior has the potential to adversely affect the safety and well-being of community members.
- Be welcoming.
- Be kind.
- Look out for each other.
- Respect privacy and confidential information. (“Chatham house rules”)
- Constructive feedback and conversation.
- Do not disclose confidential or Material Non-Public Information
- Follow rules concerning social media branding for Craft members
- Conduct or speech which might be considered sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist or otherwise discriminatory or offensive in nature.
- Do not use unwelcome, suggestive, derogatory or inappropriate nicknames or terms.
- Do not show disrespect towards others. (Jokes, innuendo, dismissive attitudes.)
- Intimidation or harassment (online or in-person). Please read the Citizen Code of Conduct for how we interpret harassment.
- Disrespect towards differences of opinion.
- Not understanding the differences between constructive criticism and disparagement.
- Sustained disruptions.
- Violence, threats of violence or violent language.
- Understand that speech and actions have consequences, and unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated.
- If you are the subject of, or witness to any violations of this Code of Conduct, please contact us at email@example.com
- If violations occur, organizers will take any action they deem appropriate for the infraction, up to and including expulsion.